Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

pressuretrol problem?

Options
Steven_2
Steven_2 Member Posts: 2
You were absolutely correct. Thank you. The pig tail was completely obstructed. Not even a breeze of air would pass when using compressed air on one end. It took about an hour of coat hanger work, hammer and propane torch to clear it out. I do not understand how the system could have been woring at all. Many thanks again,

Steven

Comments

• Steven_2
    Steven_2 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    pressuretrol problem?

My oil burner does not repond for a call for heat unless I raise the cut-in setting to above 1 psi (it is set at 0.5 psi) or raise the differential from 1 (where it is now set) to 5. Once the burner kicks on, I then readjust either setting back to baseline (the burner keeps running). Does this mean tht the pressuretrol needs replacing or could it be telling me something. (its a one pipe steam system if that is relevant)

Thanks much for any info
  • Al Letellier
    Al Letellier Member Posts: 781
    Options
    pressuretrol problem

Check the pigtail pipe under the pressuretrol. Sounds like it's plugged. It will let pressure build and trip the switch but acts like a check valve and won't let the pressure back out. Pull it apart and clean it. If it's steel pipe, replace it with a brass one....

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.