Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gas Boiler choices

Options
Dave H_2
Dave H_2 Member Posts: 556
OK, New scenario and opinions wanted:

As most of us in the heating industry, we are always working on our own systems. Never finished, just a tweak here and a tweak there. Also never enough time to devote to finishing in one shot.

Home has existing forced air heat and I need to update!
My dilemma is this; I am installing radiant underfloor on the first floor in the next couple of weeks (and finish). Then next year (hopefully) install panel rads like Runtal or Buderus on the second floor with some radiant in the baths. Kinda hard to plan, the family is just growing like mad.

So I need 135 for the radiant on the first floor, 110 for the baths on the second floor, and a max of 180 degrees F for the panel rads.

Since this project may take a while, the big choice I need to make is boiler choice. Phase one of the first floor has a heat loss of 15,000 BTU’s, Second phase brings the load to 25,000 and with the addition of the second floor, total load will be around 50,000 BTU’s.

I would love to install a heat source that would be able to match all of the loads, say with a modulating gas boiler. A couple of names have been thrown around but I would like to see what others (if any) choices there are.

Thanks in advance

Dave H.
Dave H

Comments

This discussion has been closed.