Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

the better indirect

Options
ta finnegan
ta finnegan Member Posts: 121
Water quality for sure is critical with coils.

Tank in tanks are nice, but for my money I have found fewer products that perform as well, given proper installation, as Crown Boiler's indirects. Good Company and good people.

Just one man's experience.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=251&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• jay_3
    jay_3 Member Posts: 22
    Options
    the better indirect

can anyone tell me which style indirect is more efficient
    a tank w/in a tank or a coil w/in a tank. given everything else is equal. (the boiler,circulator and surface of
    the tank and coil)

thanks,
    jay.
  • Al Letellier
    Al Letellier Member Posts: 781
    Options
    indirects

Jay, check the recovery rate of the tanks you are considering. The gallons per hour/BTU rating of the boiler says it all. We have found that the tank within a tank make more hot water that the coil type, and I've never had to replace one yet, but could start a museum with the failed coil type that we've replace. It also has a lot to do with the water conditions in your area. We plug up a lot of coils here.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • jg2700
    jg2700 Member Posts: 21
    Options
    indirect

we like the bock indirects been useing them for a while and they are lifetime waurrantee as long as original owner put in. excellent product no leakers yet. jmo jg.
  • jay_4
    jay_4 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    better indirect

We like using the amtrol. It is a tank with a coil in. We never had a coil go out yet. The same water goes through, just like on baseboard. They also have a very fast recovery rate.
This discussion has been closed.