Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tomorrow is the big day!

Options
Chris_4
Chris_4 Member Posts: 75
taking the master plumbers test tomorrow!

any tips?

won't know if I passed after the test, they are not taken on computers here.

Chris

Comments

• Bob W._2
    Bob W._2 Member Posts: 79
    Options
    Good luck.

Hope you pass.
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    Options
    tips

Relax and show your stuff! You'll do fine. If in doubt, oversize the drain or vent one pipe diameter. Add as many code numbers as possible & if there's a place where the waste arm is borderline before needing re-venting, state the length on the drawing and reference the code number that deals with max lengths.

Don't forget to put DFU's on each fixture.

So what's the trick question to be? Garage drains? Perhaps an acid neutralizing station(G).

G'luck!

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • EricR_2
    EricR_2 Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Don't forget

about pipe sizing and 2.5" pipe. It will get you every time, even if nobody uses it. GOOD LUCK!
  • Jackchips
    Jackchips Member Posts: 344
    Options
    Best of luck Chris

Your post reminded me of my exam in the early 70's. You'll be reminiscing about yours one day also. Just relax, read the questions through, answer those your sure of first and then go back. One last thing, when in doubt go with your first instinct.
  • Chris_4
    Chris_4 Member Posts: 75
    Options
    thanks for

the tips and good words everyone!

took the test this AM. first section before noon, second section after noon. wasn't an easy test, but I think I passed........will find out in about three days with the "unofficial results" and recieve the "official results" in about 2 weeks.

hate waiting!!!

Chris

Chris
This discussion has been closed.