Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

residential steel boilers.

Options
BOB_23
BOB_23 Member Posts: 19
I would like your opinion on what steel oil boiler is the better boiler. one that is negative fired or positive fired?
lets hear from the experts you the installer and service men and women.
thanks bob eck

Comments

• John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    Options
    Steel boilers

Burnham LE is one of the better ones,
    also axeman andersen.But I still would install a cast iron boiler if possible.Most cast units will last at least 35yrs. if maintain.Seems like most steel boilers I see after 20 yrs look it. Hope this helps.
  • kevin
    kevin Member Posts: 420
    Options
    I like to...

use Thermodynamics. Esp the LM series. It is wet based, built in air scoop,good warranty compared to others,competively priced, available w/ many burners(Carlin, becket, riello...(READILY),The burnham LE is is not. lower mass for those who like that. There S series is also good w/ 5gpm tankless coil as is their CWL model for a lower profile wet leg set up. I have used all 3 and no its not a Buderus. Where people(HO and Contractors) can't see value they are a good alternative.
    Its been a while since I used one but the olympus boiler by axman-anderson is also a good choice (maybe even better than the LM) hope this is useful,kpc
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    steel boiler

dont forget the dynatherm steel boiler,up to 90 percent eff
    available with any burner, direct vent option, positve pressure.available with or without tankless coil.cast iron heads.we have some in my family running for over 40 years... thanks mike..
This discussion has been closed.