Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Are you proud of your work? - Alan R. Mercurio

Of course you are! Now here's a chance to show the entire heating community, What you do best.

With its 50th anniversary year, NAOHSM (National Association Oil Heating Service Managers) is planning a year of exciting events. The first to be announced is the 1st NAOHSM Installation Contest. There will be two classes for this competition - a Residential and a Commercial Class.

As more and more people learn about the contest, the excitement is building. As one of our members put it, “I was sitting in my office with several of our technicians when I learned of the contest. To tell the truth, they became more excited about the contest than I was; they immediately began naming jobs that would be great entries. How about that job on Walnut St? one of our technicians said. Another interrupted, “The electric to oil job we did last month is even nicer.” On and on they went; naming various installations we had completed in the past year. I sat back and listened. They were proud of the effort and attention to detail they had poured into our installations. It reminded me of athletes trying out for an all-star team; they were ready and willing to show their best.”

So gather your service/installation department together and pick out your best - show everyone what your team can do.

The categories of each will be:

· New Construction heated with oil
· Replacement for oil with an oil heated system
· Electric to Oil Conversion
· Gas to Oil Conversion

The Requirements
· Submit at least 3 pictures of the job & one of the building.
· Along with the pictures include a typed description of the job. You might highlight any special difficulties with either installation or salesmanship, projected or realized fuel savings or customer testimonials

Deadline for submitting your entrees for the competition is Friday, April 5, 2003.
You can e-mail your submission to info@naohsm.org
or mail it to P.O. Box 67, East Petersburg, PA 17520.

Our panel of judges, Dan Holohan, HeatingHelp.com; Alan Levi, Appleseed Inc. and Art Mercuro, A.A. Cassaro need time to make their selection so that the winners can be showcased at our next Convention and Trade Show to be held at the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center, May 18-22, 2003.

Press Contact:
NAOHSM
P.O. Box 67
East Petersburg, PA 17520-0067
Phone: 888-552-0900
Fax: 717-625-3077
E-mail: info@naohsm.org

Comments

• Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Do gas boilers count too????????

just kidding.....I'll have to dig up some pics since we don't do tons of oil...great idea they have though. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Alan R. Mercurio
    Alan R. Mercurio Member Posts: 588
    Gas Boilers

The ones that were converted to oil do! :)~

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio
  • How do you convert a gas boiler

to oil?????? I am assuming you are changing the boiler. HMMMM
  • Alan R. Mercurio
    Alan R. Mercurio Member Posts: 588
    It's all in the wording

Ok You got me there Tim :) For the most part one would be converting a system operated with gas to a system operated with oil. You could however include the picture of the gas boiler as the "after" picture in your (before & After) presentation.

For the record there are a few systems that you can remove the power gas burner and install oil. atmospheric gas to oil would get messy though :)~

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio
This discussion has been closed.