Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thermo Pride furnace (Starch)

Options
Starch
Starch Member Posts: 102
My sister-in-law needs a new furnace (too far away for me!) A local contractor has quoted her a Thermo Pride 90+ unit.

I have never seen one of these. Any opinions - good, bad, ugly?

Thanks,

Starch

Comments

• John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    Options
    thermo pride

Very nice unit, well built not tin e, good support.
    Has rounded corners looks like from the 50's.
    Co. is owned by Burnham I think Hope this helps
  • keith
    keith Member Posts: 224
    Options
    Thermopride

Havn't had any experience with the +90 furnace but I have installed several oil fired Thermoprides. They are a great unit as far has warm air is concerned. Lifetime on the heat exchanger, you can tell they are a solid unit when you carry them in the house. They are owned by Burnham for the last 3 or 4 years.
  • John Starcher_4
    John Starcher_4 Member Posts: 794
    Options

Thanks, guys!

Anything associated with Burnham is good enough for me, then!

Starch
  • ScottSW
    ScottSW Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Thermo Pride Furnaces

Check out the website @ thermopride.com. There is a lot of information available there including I&O manuals.
  • Dale
    Dale Member Posts: 1,317
    Options
    Built like a tank

a higher end furnace, made in I think N. Judson Indiana, bought by Burnham a few years ago. The tube heat exchanger had the thickest walls of any I've seen. They made a low boy model, not sure if they still do. Nice WA furnace.
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Options
    Thermopride

I've put in several of the 90% gas units over the last couple years. Really good equipment. Had two control boards fail, one was DOA and the other after about 2 days. No other problems of any kind. Thermopride said they had a run of boards from W/R that were bad and they haven't had any since. GOOD STUFF!!

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.