Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for info on vibration-absorbing mounting brackets- Jon H

Options
Jon Harrod
Jon Harrod Member Posts: 7
Can anyone recommend a system for wall-mounting circulator pumps and wall-hung boilers to minimize transmission of vibrations to an adjacent room? Thanks.

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Good Vibrations

For the piping and pumps I use these "Cush Clamps" Hydro Zorbs" (brand names) type unistrut clamps.
    For wall or floor mounts they have rubber/cork vibration mounting pads. Find them at Mechanical, HVAV supply houses or the Johnstone Supply catalog # R54-252 for 2" squares or R87-447 for an 18X18 sheet (precut for 2" squares) They are online at www.johnstonesupply,com.
    There are also spring suspension brackets for hanging with all thread rod.

Or you could use the quietest pump available (Grundfos) and a quiet boiler :)

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Paul Pollets_2
    Paul Pollets_2 Member Posts: 63
    Options
    Vibration isolation

Try the Mupro line. This German company makes the best stuff for hanging pipes or ductwork.

see: www.muprousa.com

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • j_4
    j_4 Member Posts: 59
    Options
  • Jon Harrod
    Jon Harrod Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks!

Thanks Paul, J, and Hot Rod for the detailed info. This is just what I needed to get started.

BTW, the situation I'm trying to fix is a Monitor MZ and Grundfos three-speed pumps mounted against a structural insulated panel (SIP) wall. I thought 5.5" inches of polystyrene would be good sound/vibration insulation. As it turns out, the wall assembly seems to amplify the pump and inducer noise. It's pretty quiet by most standards but the customer isn't happy yet. Fortunately we're not going to have to absorb the cost of the retrofit.

Thanks again,
    Jon

This discussion has been closed.