Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitodens Project- Mike Norgan

Options
Mike Norgan
Mike Norgan Member Posts: 24
Here are some updated pictures of our latest project using the new Vitodens. I'm heating the pool and some radiant around the pool.

Mike Norgan

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Nice work Mike

What is the concept of the "black box". Called a low something header? Thanks

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Mike Norgan
    Options

HR,
    The low-loss header is used to decouple high flow rate systems from the boiler loop.
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Options
    Hey Mike

Good to see you are staying out of trouble. Is that system fired up yet? We lit off our first Vitodens a couple weeks ago. The HO asked about 5 times if we were sure it was running and hardly believed me until I had him grab the piping and see that it was getting warm. They are unlike anything I've ever installed before. Just hang it, vent it, pipe it and plug it in. Took about 3 hours total.

Keep us posted on that job you have going there.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Michael B
    Michael B Member Posts: 179
    Options
    We have

installed this little beauty and it is up and running. We have had lots of ah's from the customers on this one. Pretty much the same reaction that you had when it is firing...The pictures look amazing, keep up the good work.

Michael
  • Joel_3
    Joel_3 Member Posts: 166
    Options

HR: basically as I understand it in effect your creating a kind of primary/secondary loop within the box.but ihaven't done one myself yet

• Henry_4
    Henry_4 Member Posts: 59
    Options
    The low loss

header allows output up to 230 k Btu per hour (250 in on the biggest unit) but limits the flow throught the heat exchanger to 15 gpm. The Vitodens 200 has the ability to use temperature drop across the heat exchanger and mix those BTU's into the flow going through the low loss header. Granted this is simplified, but when one utilizes this type of heat exchanger, overflowing will reduce the capability. The Vitodens is capable of condensing AND continues modulation of temperature. So...reset through the boiler is possible, energy is saved by condensing, temperature matching, cycling is eliminated and the boiler needs no protection. Since it is utilizing the standard Viessmann m.o., the control fundamentals (plug and play, numbered plugs, pump module) are all the same, learning an entirely new control set up is not necessary. In a nutshell: Hang it - pipe it - plug it - run it.
  • Mi39ke_2
    Mi39ke_2 Member Posts: 61
    Options
    Damn, Mike...

you always sell the FIRST machine! Please let me know how she works, as I am not confident with my local people.

One distributor isn't impressed enough to stock the machine, and the other won't invite me to training seminars!

You are very lucky to have a quality rep and distributor that can provide the whole package!

Keep sailing, my friend,

Mi39ke

• Unknown
    Options
    Space

Do you need to take all that wall space?

AL
  • Riles
    Riles Member Posts: 84
    Options
    good timing

I was just looking at the Vitodens. The pictures were very helpful. Also looked it over in Cincinnati at REX. Thanks for posting this job.

Nice work.
  • Mike Norgan
    Options
    space

The space that I used isn't really that much, I piped over to the pool equiptment, so the HX was a little closer to my conections.
  • Mike Norgan
    Options
    Updated pictures of our project.

Here are more picture of this project.
  • Mike Norgan
    Options
    8-02-02 updated pictures

We just poured the gyp-crete yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.