Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Wall suggestion - Joel Noble

Joel Noble
Joel Noble Member Posts: 3
The new Wall is a vast improvement!

I do have one small suggestion: I think that the links on the topic list could do without the "&mc=5" portion of the link -- it seems to do nothing more than encode the number of postings in the thread being linked. The software doesn't need it -- it'll figure out how many postings are there when you follow the link, even without it there. [try it by manually editing the links -- works just fine without it!]

So why do without it? Well, if your web design people leave the "&mc=" part off of the links in the thread list, that will allow our browsers to indicate for us which threads we've read before, by having them be a different color than the ones we haven't. Their position near the top of the main page will still alert us to the fact that the topic has recent activity -- no functionality is lost.

As it stands, since the thread link changes every time someone posts to the thread (by updatding the "&mc=" at the end), our browsers think it's a brand new link representing a topic it's never seen before, rather than being able to color them as something that has previously been read.

Thanks for everything!

Comments

• Joel Noble
    Joel Noble Member Posts: 3
    Welcome back, Dan

just an extraneous little post to bump this thread back onto the main page, in case you missed it while you were out.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 15,199
    Thanks, Joel

I passed that on to Invision for their consideration.
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!