Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wall suggestion - Joel Noble

Options
Joel Noble
Joel Noble Member Posts: 3
The new Wall is a vast improvement!

I do have one small suggestion: I think that the links on the topic list could do without the "&mc=5" portion of the link -- it seems to do nothing more than encode the number of postings in the thread being linked. The software doesn't need it -- it'll figure out how many postings are there when you follow the link, even without it there. [try it by manually editing the links -- works just fine without it!]

So why do without it? Well, if your web design people leave the "&mc=" part off of the links in the thread list, that will allow our browsers to indicate for us which threads we've read before, by having them be a different color than the ones we haven't. Their position near the top of the main page will still alert us to the fact that the topic has recent activity -- no functionality is lost.

As it stands, since the thread link changes every time someone posts to the thread (by updatding the "&mc=" at the end), our browsers think it's a brand new link representing a topic it's never seen before, rather than being able to color them as something that has previously been read.

Thanks for everything!

Comments

• Joel Noble
    Joel Noble Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Welcome back, Dan

just an extraneous little post to bump this thread back onto the main page, in case you missed it while you were out.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,528
    Options
    Thanks, Joel

I passed that on to Invision for their consideration.
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.