Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

slab manifolds - Molson

Options
Molson
Molson Member Posts: 6
I'm looking for a better method of installing my test manifolds prior to concrete pour. The objective here is to have the loops coming out of the concrete straight and neat.
Any suggestions???

Comments

• David Van Wickler
    David Van Wickler Member Posts: 35
    Options
    NEAT AND TIDY

I have seen fella's sink a pipe standoff in the grade and strap the plastic u-bend to it so they are rigid. Also they will strap them in pairs with colored tape to denoted by red on top for supply and blue for return followed by color coded for 1-????.

Then drive two foot rebar through the steel and strap it.

Not going anywhere.

DVW
  • Chris Brown
    Chris Brown Member Posts: 17
    Options
    CB

here is one I did. rather large house. installed rebar straight up, with a couple of cross braces, then mounted a piece of plywood to the rebar, and mounted the manifolds on the plywood.

the rebar, and plywood get removed after the house is built.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Manifold ideas

I have been toying with this idea for awhile. This manifold will allow 10 loops to come out of the slab and all fit in a 2X4 wall without crossing over each other. The 2-1/2 and 1-1/4 headers get capped.

To mount the manifolds I weld a short piece of unistrut to a piece of steel pipe. Drive them into the ground and fasten the manifold with a unistrut clamp. The pipe is easily cut off flush with the slab after the pour if you like.

I bend up some 12" long scrap pieces of pex al pex to build my own bend support/ tube protectors. 1/2" pex will slide thru 3/4" pex al pex easily.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Unknown
    Options
    ways to hold manifold prior to walls

Call Roth at 401-267-9044, ask for Bill Bartlette or Matts Alstrom. They have ordered and are supposed to have recieved 10 mounts to do what you are looking for. I have only seen a prototype so ask for pictures :-)
This discussion has been closed.