Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
If our community has helped you, please consider making a contribution to support this website. Thanks!
Radiator Valve/Trap Recommendation
Options
Cyclone33
Posts: 35
I’m looking for advice on what radiator valve and steam trap I should install on one radiator in my house. I’m in eastern Iowa with a two‑pipe steam system, originally built as a Trane Vapor system.
All of my other radiators follow the same piping layout, and I’ve attached a picture showing how they’re set up. This one radiator is the oddball — at some point it had a different valve and trap installed, and neither were working correctly. Since original Trane Vapor components aren’t available anymore, I need modern parts that will behave correctly in a low‑pressure vapor system.
Thanks!
0
Categories
- All Categories
- 87.8K THE MAIN WALL
- 3.3K A-C, Heat Pumps & Refrigeration
- 59 Biomass
- 430 Carbon Monoxide Awareness
- 132 Chimneys & Flues
- 2.2K Domestic Hot Water
- 6K Gas Heating
- 124 Geothermal
- 170 Indoor-Air Quality
- 3.8K Oil Heating
- 79 Pipe Deterioration
- 1.1K Plumbing
- 6.7K Radiant Heating
- 396 Solar
- 16.1K Strictly Steam
- 3.5K Thermostats and Controls
- 56 Water Quality
- 51 Industry Classes
- 51 Job Opportunities
- 18 Recall Announcements



