Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Boiler Installation Follow up

CKNJ
CKNJ Member Posts: 60
edited October 10 in Strictly Steam

I know everyone likes to see new install pics, but thought I would follow up on my Oct. 2021 install by EzzyT and Clammy. For background, house is 120 years old, no insulation in walls and thermostat kept at 69 degrees all the time.

I received the chart below from my natural gas provider and thought I should share this as a follow up.

delcrossvgyrfalconWaherMad Dog_2SuperTech

Comments

• AdmiralYoda
    AdmiralYoda Member Posts: 661

Great news! Give use some details on the install! House size, boiler make/model, System EDR, some pictures of the install!

• delcrossv
    delcrossv Member Posts: 901
    edited October 14

Guess steam can be pretty efficient- with a correct installation.

Definitely need pictures.

Trying to squeeze the best out of a Weil-McLain JB-5 running a 1912 1 pipe system.
    SuperTech
  • CKNJ

Stats: Located in central NJ, the house is an American Foursquare, 2400 SF built between 1900 and 1905. Boiler is a Peerless 63-04L. System is pretty well matched to the boiler. This is the install before pipe insulation that I did.

Unfortunately, I had to cover up that pipe work even though I thought it was a work of art. All of the lines in the basement, both supply and return are insulated the same way.

dabrakemanGGross
  • CKNJ

And in case you were wondering, this is the thermostat that controls the system. A 1944 ITT Perfex model 155 for natural gas. Seriously, it keeps the house comfortable and would certainly seem to be very efficient at its job. It has an internal heater and external adjustable anticipator. Sometimes newer isn't really better?