Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil-McLain Ultra

JJohn
JJohn Member Posts: 3

Has anyone had experience with the Weil-McLain Ultra 155 High Efficiency Condensing Boiler? Is it a reliable boiler?

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 8,794

Properly maintained… YES

Neglected like you would do with an atmospheric boiler with standing pilot, NOT SO MUCH

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

ethicalpaulSuperTech
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 6,101

I like them. Probably because I'm familiar with them. Aluminum block, so proper pH is crucial. They offer a test kit, and inhibitor is available. I don't do installations anymore so I'm not sure if it comes with the boiler. But the Rapid Dose cans make it so simple.

It offers three different heating temperature circuits, so if you had for instance, and indirect water heater, Hydro coils, and in floor radiant, separate temperature and modulating can be set for each one, with a minimum and maximum firing rate for each one.

They're up to Series 4 now, so they've pretty much solved all the quirks.

As mentioned, a yearly maintenance and combustion test is still needed. WM offers a maintenance kit with new gaskets, igniter, pH test kit, and hardware. The front plate MUST be torqued according to WM, or it will not seal properly.

And made in the U.S.A.

• offdutytech
    offdutytech Member Posts: 149

With any modern condensing boiler it's going to require more frequent service. I've got a few we service, but not my favorite. The main reason being that none of my suppliers readily carry them. So parts are always special order. Lochinvar and Viessman have better local support for me as a contractor, which means better support for our customers. I would see what brand is well supported locally, it makes a big difference when you have no heat and need repair parts.