Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Temco wall furnace

Options
GroundUp
GroundUp Member Posts: 1,911
Good day folks, I'm in need of some assistance. I've got an old Temco wall furnace which the data tag is scuffed up a bit but it looks to be a model# DVW-85-2 with a serial of 7D29119. I have been doing some research and came across an old thread where @Tim McElwain mentioned a DSW-85-2 so maybe I can't read my tag correctly. The deal is, the gas valve stopped opening so during troubleshooting, it was discovered that somebody in the distant past stripped out the threads in the gas valve's thermocouple port and remedied it with some sort of glue and a hose clamp. It worked for quite some time, but now the thermocouple is bad again and I'd like to replace the gas valve without replacing the whole unit. The part number on the gas valve appears to read V8116D1011 (Honeywell) which I have also tried to cross reference and come up with nothing. I've tried to find contact info for Temco or whoever they may be today, again with no luck. Is it time to switch to a universal gas valve or could someone possibly have some input here? Tim? TIA

Comments