Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for any info for the radiator in the pictures.

Options

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,977
    Options
    Really cool description manual. The insignia on the plug made me look twice and then remembered the time frame of manufacturing.
    Was it in Germany back then? Had to be.
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,068
    Options
    That insignia was a trademark in the USA.....maybe Trane?......after 1940 or so it was not in use much here anymore.

Whatever the brand, that company made brass valves and fittings and you find that marking on a few things.

There are two versions of the Swastika sign, one is clockwise and the other counter clockwise.
    The opposite of what you see was very common in the east (India etc), and considered a sign of good fortune.
  • Intplm.
    Options
    JUGHNE said:

That insignia was a trademark in the USA.....maybe Trane?......after 1940 or so it was not in use much here anymore.

Whatever the brand, that company made brass valves and fittings and you find that marking on a few things.

There are two versions of the Swastika sign, one is clockwise and the other counter clockwise.
    The opposite of what you see was very common in the east (India etc), and considered a sign of good fortune.

Wow. Good to know. Thanks for the info.

I also new that insignia was used by some American native tribe(s) long before.
    CLamb
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,068
    Options

This floor design is in a 1918 high end department store in Nebraska. Just one room has this and owner does not let the public use it.

These have the opposite "spin" to them.
    CLamb
  • Artietech
    Artietech Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the replies
  • DanHolohan
    Options
  • Intplm.
    Options
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    My pleasure!
    Retired and loving it.
    Intplm.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,012
    Options
    Old, large Burnham Cast Iron boilers had a very prominent Swastika on the top front section. Keep in mind, Herr Hitler did not come to power until 1933. The Third Reich did not get really active until 1939 with the Invasion of Poland. The world 🌎 did not get the Full picture of Nazi Abuse and Treachery until 1945-1949 and the Nuremberg trials and all the proceedings and discovery.   Mad 🐕 Dog 
    CLamb
  • CLamb
    CLamb Member Posts: 284
    Options
    I wonder what the emissions from those radiators were like?

It is a pity that the swastika remains the sole remaining property of the Third Reich when it was and is used for honorable purposes over the ages.