Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Refilling baseboard zone after repair

Options
ianlaing
ianlaing Member Posts: 1
Hi all, I just drained a single zone in my baseboard to fix a small pipe leak and am trying to refill. However, after turning the zone back on, my boiler is giving me an error message. I didn't want to damage it, of course, so I turned the whole system off. I'm wondering if there is anything I need to do to get the zone refilled, or if the system will do that on it's own? The zone I drained does have a bleeder valve, but I must confess I don't know how these systems work very well. I think I just need some basic guidance. Thanks!

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    There should be an automatic fill valve near the boiler. You need to confirm that any shut off valves in that line are open and that the fill valve is adding water until the system gets to at least 12 psi.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you opened the zone back up before properly purging air from it and now the entire system may be air bound.

Every system is piped differently, so we need some good pics of the boiler and its near piping to give any further help.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.