Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need help or options

Options
I have a two-story house with a boiler heater system that is broken not sure if the radiators are good would like to know if it's possible to put in a furnace I know that I only have a crawl space however there is a Breezeway where the boiler system is and that a furnace could be put and either case I'm having issues finding someone to help Finance or even be able to get this done I have gone most of the winter without heat I have already had my water pipes burst and I'm having to fix it on our own this is our first house our first experience with any of this I need help I need advice I need something.

Comments

• dko
    dko Member Posts: 607
    Options
    There is always someone to do a job for the right price.
    Unless you are looking to educate yourselves, learn, and DIY (depending on the issue), you will be hiring someone regardless. Maybe it's just a dead battery in a thermostat.

You can start by actually describing the problems in detail. What exactly doesn't work, how it doesn't work, how it worked before, etc.. Use photos, take pictures of the boiler and radiators.

No one can help you with just what you posted.

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,727
    edited February 9
    Options

I have a two-story house with a boiler heater system that is broken not sure if the radiators are good would like to know if it's possible to put in a furnace I know that I only have a crawl space however there is a Breezeway where the boiler system is and that a furnace could be put and either case I'm having issues finding someone to help Finance or even be able to get this done I have gone most of the winter without heat I have already had my water pipes burst and I'm having to fix it on our own this is our first house our first experience with any of this I need help I need advice I need something.

A furnace is going to take up more room because appropriate ductwork is always going to be much much larger than piping you need for radiators.

First I'd want to know if the radiators and piping are damaged or not and if they are how much to repair it. If there's a lot of damage start looking around to see where large ducts could be run.

Another option you may want to consider is mini splits as they need small piping, but they also need to be placed appropriately to run the piping as well as distribute the heating / cooling to the locations you need it.

Can you share some pictures of a few of the radiators, as well as good pictures of the boiler and piping around it?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,869
    Options

I would stay with the boiler.

With that said where is this home?