Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gas valve isn't working

Options
Rich Davis_2
Rich Davis_2 Member Posts: 117
Woke up this morning 25 deg outside and the boiler wasn't working. I have a Trangle Tube PS60 it was showing a E 03 I couldn't feel or hear the gas valve clicking, checked the troubleshooters guide and said gas valve cable not properly connected. So I checked the cable and seems OK at both ends. Checked both fuses they seem OK too. So how I determine if it's the cable or the valve. How much voltage should I get on the connections of the cable and should I be able to check the valve with is disconnected? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Rich Davis_2
    Options
    I checked the resistance on the valve and the readings are with an ohm of that the manual says. I guess my question is how much voltage should I be getting going to the valve?
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,320
    Options
    Hi, Is it time for @Jamie Hall 's "quick rap with some small tool" trick?

Yours, Larry
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,926
    Options

I checked the resistance on the valve and the readings are with an ohm of that the manual says. I guess my question is how much voltage should I be getting going to the valve?

24 VAC is the standard votage for standard valves. inless you have some variable input that operates on DC voltage with the venter motor.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,926
    edited February 6
    Options
    The Trouble sooting Guide for the PS60 that I found indicates that a sensor is open or shorted for a E_31. It does not have a E031 code.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• Rich Davis_2
    Options
    Sorry about the confusion it was a E-03.