Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

EK-1 2000 lockout ?

Options
Caboose
Caboose Member Posts: 4
EK-1 2000 installed in 1998, 3 zones + DHW - well maintained, serviced annually; has performed all these years with NO problem, but in past month about once a week has had 3 events of 140 degree Flashing on Manager with Monitor Light ON, screen says "No flame" but no error code, reset and resumes normal function (until next event). Technician (has provided our service for 20 years and knows/installs EK) advises because of problem and age, entire system should be replaced (boiler, tank, pipes, venting) - I asked if it could be a part, etc that is malfunctioning and could be fixed instead of having to rework the entire system, but he said he couldn't be sure which part it would be. I would appreciate Forum's thoughts. Thank you.

Comments

• pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,869
    Options
    Did he call Tech Support while there?
  • jringel
    jringel Member Posts: 27
    Options
    If the unit is going off on reset the problem would be at the burner. If it has the Carlin primary control you can hit the down and right arrow at the same time to get into the details on the fault that is causing the lockout. It would also be a good idea to check the overfire draft to make sure that the unit isn't being shut down by the blocked vent/puff switch on the front of the boiler. If your service provider contacts our tech support team when they are onsite, we will be happy to help diagnose this issue.
    John Ringel Energy Kinetics
    szwedjSTEVEusaPA
  • Caboose
    Caboose Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you. I will ask him to follow up with you.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,844
    Options
    Yes, agree with @jringel. Work from the burner, back to the tank. Could be as simple as an igniter, or as stubborn as a suction leak. Or anything in between. No matter, it doesn't warrant a complete replacement. 
    SuperTech