Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Goodman GMEC96 Gas Furnace

Options
DigitALL
DigitALL Member Posts: 1
Hello,
I will perhaps ask something unusual... I have a gas furnace Goodman GMEC96 purchased in Canada but it is installed in Europe. It works well when the European electricity 230VAC/50Hz is transformed to 12V and from 12V to an inverter that outputs 110VAC/60Hz.
If I apply 120V/50HZ via a regular transformer 230/110VAC I would get the error" "INTERNAL GV ERROR, MICRO AND FREQUENCY CHECK"
Since the inverter breaks sometimes, how I could bypass the frequency check and make it work at 50Hz?
I know that I would have a lower speed on the fan/output but it would not bother.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    You’re asking field technicians how to change the electronics in a circuit board so that it will do something that the manufacturer didn’t intend?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    EBEBRATT-EdChrisJ
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,727
    Options
    Ironman said:

You’re asking field technicians how to change the electronics in a circuit board so that it will do something that the manufacturer didn’t intend?

Not only that, but I interpret that error as meaning the equipment literally cannot work at 50Hz, not that it's simply failed a test.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment