Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitodens 200W interior corrosion

Options
woobagooba
woobagooba Member Posts: 186
Year old unit. Generally is still spotless, though some corrosion noticed at bottom rear interior. Pics below. Anybody encountered a similar issue?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,357
    Options
    Looks like it gets a little damp now and then, but I see nothing really out of line...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,170
    Options
    Doesn't look too bad. I would check the venting and make sure its 100% done the way the installation manual states. I see a lot of condensing boilers having moisture problems due to flue gas recirculation. 
    Mad Dog_2kcopp
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,007
    Options
     Put a cup of Uncle Bens White rice 🍚 in there   change once a month  mad Dog 🐕 
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,693
    Options
    it's fine--probably happened a year ago. Those plastic air vents are atrocious, they will leak at some point down the road.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,547
    Options
    Is it dripping from the bottom of the HX...We have seen some of the WB2B and HA series that had concentric venting system regurgitate on the termination just to bring the condensate back to the cabinet, drip onto the top of the HX,follow the circumference of the HX and the drip onto the wiring harness of the gasvalve...The control console and wiring harness would then need to be changed. 😔
    Mad Dog_2
  • woobagooba
    woobagooba Member Posts: 186
    Options
    OK thanks all. More investigation required to find out exactly where this leak originates.