Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

No floor heat

Options
Hi, we installed a new heat exchanger to fix our hot water problem. That works great but we now have no floor heat in the basement or garage. We appreciate any suggestions please. Thank you

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,364
    Options
    Well... that's a bit vague. What type of boiler? What is the heat exchanger for? How are things plumbed and piped? How are they controlled?
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Wingwang
    Wingwang Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Jamie, it’s an NTI boiler and the heat exchanger was replaced to fix our domestic lack of hot water to the taps upon your recommendation after we tried your other suggestions first. 
  • Wingwang
    Options

• Wingwang
    Options
    Not sure if the picture is any help to you, hope so
  • Jamie Hall
    Options
    How is the floor heat controlled? I see a circulating pump. Is that running when the floor is needing heat? Does the boiler turn on?
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Wingwang
    Options
    The boiler comes on fine when demanding hot water but does not fire when upping thermostat for floor heat. I’ll include what’s showing on the boiler display  when I turn on the hot water tap tho the 55 increases to 93
  • Jamie Hall
    Options
    It would seem that whatever the control is for the boiler for heat isn't telling the boiler. It may be that the thermostat isn't actuating a circulating pump or a zone valve, or that it simply isn't connected where it needs to be. Really need to know what is supposed to control the boiler...
    Br. Jamie, osb
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,918
    Options
    If the boiler isn't firing on thermostat call, there is obviously a control issue. Whether that's a faulty circuit board, bad thermostat, loose wire, we can't say from here. If it were firing and just not heating, I'd suspect an airlock since you just had it open to change the HX.