Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Sanden Sanco2 split HPWH, lock out

Options
H2OBandit603
H2OBandit603 Member Posts: 48
edited November 2023 in Domestic Hot Water
On Saturday I noticed the water was not very hot.  Checked the Sanco2 heat pump outside and it was displaying an E9 code.  We had just had some flickering power on Friday and my first instinct was the PCB was fried leading to much despair as there was no way anyone was picking up the phone to sell me a PCB on a Saturday and my father and I installed this ourselves so there was no one to complain to but us.

I cycled the breaker a few times but never got very far before a lockout, maybe a few minutes.  I kept trying, deliberately waiting over 3 minutes this last time for the error code to clear and power it back up and it ran for a good 5 hours, successfully heating up the 119 gallon tank and it seems to be working fine now.

I thought this might be useful to someone else. This was the first issue since installing in June.
NH well driller and pump installer, 3rd generation
What one man can do, another can do.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,373
    Options
    Thank you. Hopes it keeps working for you.

And you make a very useful and often overlooked point: if there has been a brief power dropout or brownout, many computer devices will NOT power up successfully. You have to kill power for at least a minute or two or maybe more (applies to a personal computer, too -- as a last resort of it hangs and won't restart, unplug it and remove the battery. Go get coffee. Then put the battery back in and plug it in and try again).
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England