Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Sixty years ago today.....

Mad Dog_2
Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,354
We tragically lost President John F Kennedy U.S.Navy WW II decorated Veteran.  Regardless of our party or ideology, he was OUR President. A six decade enigma.  Not looking to open old wounds, just want to remember him today. Anchors Aweigh, Jack!!!  Mad Dog 🐕 

Comments

• retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 955
    My wife and I celebrated our 1st year anniversary on that tragic day. Oh yes, we are still together.
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Thats awesome and rare today...congratulations 👏!  Marriage 💑 
    Aint easy..Mad Dog 🐕 
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,989
    edited November 2023
    Found out when I was walking home from school. 4th grade I think.

Two things you never forget. Where you were when you found out about President Kennedy and where you were on 9/11
  • Mad Dog_2
    Yup..in 1963, I was 4 yrs away..2001 I was with a North Hempstead Inspector & a Women whose husband was in the Towers. We stayed with her until she got a call from him like 2.5 hours later..he made it out...Many didn't...Mad Dog 🐕 
  • Sal Santamaura
    Sal Santamaura Member Posts: 532

Found out when I was walking home from school. 4th grade I think...

I was in 5th. In a Catholic elementary school. We were sent home.

...Two things you never forget. Where you were when you found out about President Kennedy and where you were on 9/11

On 9/11 I was driving to work and heard about it on the radio. One more event sticks in my mind: the Challenger explosion. That time I was at work with a bunch of guys who'd previously been employed on the Shuttle program at Rockwell. Almost as somber as the other two days.
    Mad Dog_2
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,972
    As it happened I was in the news room of a local radio station. Teletypes. To this day I'll never get the alarm bells on those teletypes... we couldn't believe what we were seeing printing out...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Mad Dog_2