Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

My boiler pressure is about 25 psi just a little bit below 30

Options
Linotapia
Linotapia Member Posts: 6
My expansion tank was bad which I decided to change it and also change the water feeder reducer valve and now the pressure a little bit higher. I’m not seeing water from the relief valve  but I’m just worried about it.
what can I do ?

Comments

• fueloilrich631
    fueloilrich631 Member Posts: 16
    Options
    It's possible that the tridicator gauge is no good... or the feed valve is turned up too high.....or there could be air in the system.....
    Is this pressure constant, or only when up to temperature?
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,170
    Options
    The expansion tanks air pressure needs to be set before installing the tank. The fill valve pressure also needs to be set after installation and confirmed with a good working pressure gauge, not the one on the boiler. You can't just take these parts out of the box and install them.
  • Linotapia
    Options
    So now that’s mounted. Can I still fix it like adjusting both units expansion tank and the feeder valve or how can I test it if it’s the correct pressure?
  • Linotapia
    Options
    By the way, the pressure is constant.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,363
    Options
    Linotapia said:

So now that’s mounted. Can I still fix it like adjusting both units expansion tank and the feeder valve or how can I test it if it’s the correct pressure?

The only way to adjust -- or even reliably check -- the expansion tank's precharge pressure is to have it isolated from the system and completely empty of water.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Linotapia
    Options
    Uninstall the tank too ?
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,363
    Options
    Linotapia said:

Uninstall the tank too ?

If you have a way to close it off from the rest of the system and drain it, you don't need to. Otherwise... yeah, I'm afraid so. That's why it's best to precharge it before installation.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • OldawgBryant
    OldawgBryant Member Posts: 69
    Options
    @Linotapia I assume the pressure you are speaking about is when hot? What temperature? What size tank and how much water is in the system? What was the pressure before? Photos? What type of system radiators? baseboard?
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,191
    Options
    What size expansion tank?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Linotapia
    Options
    Good morning, Yes when hot… at 189 degree, before was 20 psi. See the pics.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,191
    Options
    Does the boiler need to run that hot? It would be more fuel efficient if you could cover the load with 180, maybe even 160 supply temperature.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Linotapia
    Options
    I don’t think so, How can I  low or calibrate the temperature?