Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Building Engineer's attempt to stop a leak

Options
HydroNiCK
HydroNiCK Member Posts: 182
Had to post this. Do you see what they did?

Mad Dog_2hot_rod

Comments

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,988
    Options
    Yes...That emergency pipe wrap in an Aquastat well?  Mad Dog 🐕 
  • HydroNiCK
    Options
    No. That might make sense. 
    Mad Dog_2
  • retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 909
    edited October 2023
    Options
    In your heading, you used the term "building engineer". You don't mean that he was a licensed building engineer do you. If he was attempting to stop a leaking joint, there are much better ways. I would take away his license and give him a broom and dust pan. That said, please answer the question as to what he was trying to accomplish.
    HydroNiCK
  • pedmec
    pedmec Member Posts: 977
    Options
    cut thru the asbestos?
    HydroNiCKmattmia2Intplm.
  • Matt_67
    Matt_67 Member Posts: 287
    Options
    He wrapped the tape over insulation 😂
    HydroNiCK
  • HydroNiCK
    Options
    Matt_67 said:
    He wrapped the tape over insulation 😂
    Yes he did. 
  • HydroNiCK
    Options
    In your heading, you used the term "building engineer". You don't mean that he was a licensed building engineer do you. If he was attempting to stop a leaking joint, there are much better ways. I would take away his license and give him a broom and dust pan. That said, please answer the question as to what he was trying to accomplish.
    Not a fire man or stationary engineer.  This person works for the state. Having a pulse is the only requirement for the title. He was trying to accomplish and succeeded at doing the bare minimum.
    Intplm.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,988
    Options
    What he do?  What are we looking at?  Mad Dog 🐕 
  • HydroNiCK
    Options
    Thats a 90. Leak on the elbow. This guy tried to stop the leak by wrapping it but left the insulation on. He wraps around the insulation .....it still leaked. 
    Mad Dog_2
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,680
    Options
    I want to know who sawed through what appears to be asbestos mud?
    Mad Dog_2
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,973
    Options
    I think everyone is forgetting to ask the most important question. Did it work??????
    Mad Dog_2CLamb
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,973
    Options
    And for the record, it doesn't really matter if water was coming out or not. If the engineer said it worked, then it worked!!!!!!
    Mad Dog_2
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,866
    Options
    HydroNiCK said:

Not a fire man or stationary engineer.  This person works for the state. Having a pulse is the only requirement for the title. He was trying to accomplish and succeeded at doing the bare minimum.

Got him through his shift. o:)
    Mad Dog_2
  • HydroNiCK
    Options
    pecmsg said:
    Got him through his shift. o:)
    Fortune favors the bold.  From an inside perspective this was amazing and genius. Well played.
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Someone from "The State"? Which state?

I happened to know that State employees from certain states are exempt from a degree or a license in the field they are in. This opens up a big can of worms in so many instances that I have personally experienced.
    @HydroNiCK if you dont mind? What state? Your pic above is yet another example.