Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

This boiler is pushing 65......

Comments

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,354
    This is big Brother Bart's Home.  The house was built in 1958.  He bought the house in 1994.  I told him then : "Plan on a new boiler in the next few years."  In 2000, we added a radiant zone.  Its a Hart & Crouse, Utica NY boiler.  Not sure when they sold out or how long they were around.  Maybe Utica Bought them?  Anyway, aside from 2 PowerPile generators over the years...ZERO issues.  This was the first generation of the modern "Baby" Boilers.  What a Work horse!  Mad Dog 🐕 
    SuperTechTeemok
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,891
    Simple marchines ... A boiler is a pot on the stove ....

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Mad Dog_2MikeAmannScottSecor
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,989
    @Mad Dog_2

Why not? I am 70 and still going!!

Is that Cast Iron or steel??
    mattmia2JUGHNEMad Dog_2WMno57
  • retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 955
    @ mad dog2; I am pushing way past 65 and still going kind of strong. St Pauls Catholic Church in Butler, Pa had 2 H B Smith steam boilers that were over 100 years old when they were replaced.
    Mad Dog_2
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 5,055
    Sigh it up for SS Benefits  :)
    Mad Dog_2
  • RascalOrnery
    RascalOrnery Member Posts: 43
    My boiler was built in 1957 - sat in an outbuilding for at least 2 years without being fired. All steel. Why can't don't they build things like this anymore? It's a miracle if a phone lasts 5 years, a fridge lasts 10 and a car over 20!
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    I believe its C.I.  never took the jacket off. Probably a baby 👶 3 section.   Mad 🐕 Dog 
  • Mad Dog_2
    We will run to failure...Mad Dog 🐕 
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 10,211
    Cars used to disintegrate in about 10 years, they last far longer than they did 40 years ago. My car is 22 years old and only has small rust spots behind the front wheel well and in the top of a rear quarter panel at the top of the wheel well.
    ChrisJCLambMad Dog_2SuperTech
  • Mad Dog_2
    I just junked our 2000 Dodge Durango...a Work Horse 🐎!   Mad Dog 🐕