Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Williamson gas fired water boiler not operating

I have the Williamson GWA-140N-S Gas fired Water Boiler. It is starting to get cold in my area and I want to be ready when the heating season is here. I set the thermostat to 72F while it was displaying 67 degree inside temp. Unit did not start and I went to check the unit. Pilot is on. I know there is water in it because I drained some water and automatically it was filled back up, I could hear the valve allowing water into the unit. Is there anything in particular I can continue to check? The clothes dryer next to it on one side and the water heater on the other side both are gas powered and both work. Gas is not the issue as the pilot is on. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 5,055
    Is the switch on the top of the stairs ON?
  • carlitos009
    carlitos009 Member Posts: 2
    pecmsg said:

Is the switch on the top of the stairs ON?

My apologies, I forgot to add that, yes it is on. I even operated it off and then on both at the top of the stairs and by the unit.
  • neilc
    neilc Member Posts: 2,727
    Bang, gently, on the Ptrol,
    has the pigtail been serviced?
    if it starts with a , tap, tap, you better know why, and that it will shut off again,

post a picture or 2 of the boiler, and controls, floor to ceiling,
    known to beat dead horses
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 2,087
    neilc said:
    Bang, gently, on the Ptrol, has the pigtail been serviced? if it starts with a , tap, tap, you better know why, and that it will shut off again, post a picture or 2 of the boiler, and controls, floor to ceiling,

It's a water boiler. Try pushing the spill switch. But your best bet would be to get a pro. There are lots and lots of possibilities
  • neilc
    neilc Member Posts: 2,727
    damn I gotta get my eyes checked , , ,
    known to beat dead horses
  • Alan Welch
    Alan Welch Member Posts: 270
    Try replacing the thermostat batteries.