Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tekmar Radiant Controls

Options
Greetings,

I have not stayed up to speed on Tekmar controls the last years and have a large job that needs to operate independently and also interface with a crestron system.

I find all their choices very confusing to navigate

This is a Radiant Heat only, 23 zones, 60 actuators.

Viessmann 280MBH boiler. Just need TT. No mixing, no 0-10V.

If it did not need to interface with Crestron, I'd simply use a series of Taco ZVC406EXP

Needs to interface with Crestron system

Can anyone point me to the components to make this happen in the world of Tekmar?

Thanks,

Jacob

Comments

• Teemok
    Teemok Member, Email Confirmation Posts: 496
    edited October 2023
    Options
    This was done wirelessly with apps at the thermostat level on a recent project. Savant system. ZV control is as normal. I don't know how Crestron is supposed to interface. Third party Tstats to Crestron and Crestron to ZV seems silly today. Crestron senors and their app to control the ZVC via a switch makes some sense.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,199
    Options
    60 actuators? What type?
    somehow you will need enough transformer to power all those

if they are low current draw helmet heads, 7 on a 40 VA transformer 

You may  still need relay boxes daisy chained together to get your 24v
    Then the Creston  interacts with the relay boxes
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • SoCal_Hydronics
    SoCal_Hydronics Member Posts: 9
    Options
    These are Helmet Heads. I believe on the last job I used their RS232 gateway for the low voltage contractor to control the TN2 stats. That job was more complicated with Jaga fancoils doing heating + Cooling. This is simple Floor Heat only -- boiler has all the reset functions etc. I just want make sure I understand which product to start with, then which products to add to achieve 23 zones. Also whether I need Tn2 or Tn4. I used a RIB 100VA Power supply.
  • Teemok
    Options
    Looks like a 482 with four 335's and 23- 532 t-stats. I Have not set this combo up so my experience is limited. You should be clear before ordering. DHW? I don't know if you want switch pumps with Tekmar so you may need a different zone manager. Careful with micro zoning, a buffer tank might be good to help with short cycles. Twin or big/small boiler pairs provides faster from cold warm ups, redundancy and a lower minimum firing rate.
  • SoCal_Hydronics
    SoCal_Hydronics Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks. I do have a 40 gl buffer tank on the primary.
    Teemok
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Why not just use Crestron t stats? https://www.crestron.com/Products/Featured-Solutions/Horizon-Thermostat, As @hot_rod mentioned, you will still have power issues for the Zv's. You can always use a zone controller zone for each valve and jump the t-stats together on the controller.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Teemok
    Options
    Stand alone requirement. There's no zv power issues.