Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Controls that people are using.

tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,775
Anyone using T775 universal control with pressure transducer instead of vapor stat. Not sure if will work but looks like it might. If so, what transducer have you found to be good choice?
Thanks in advance
Tim

Comments

• ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,741
    Haven't used the T775 with pressure, but I've used it in its temperature configurations, both for straight control & reset. I like it, simple enough to be easy to set up but powerful enough to be clever with—the last one I installed I used it to control electric heat strips for add-on dehum on a packaged AC unit.

Like I said, no experience with pressure, so I can't say much about a transducer, but ISTR someone posting about an analog control that they built for their steamer. All the transducers I saw that were rated for steam temps were rather expensive, but I might try a cheaper one if the standard controls were left in place.

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 10,211
    ratio said:

All the transducers I saw that were rated for steam temps were rather expensive, but I might try a cheaper one if the standard controls were left in place.

You can always put it on a pigtail or other trap then it will never see steam.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,775
    I think that was on the phidgets platform and pretty cool but don't know if I would trust reliability.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,989
    never liked the T775. Always used the Johnson 350 series which I thought was much better. I think they have a control for pressure but it's just for duct static if I remember right. Don't think they do steam pressure.
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 8,326
    Never had the pleasure.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?