Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Home made radiator

Jay_son
Jay_son Member Posts: 1
I've plugged 200 feet of 1/2" oxypex to my radiant floor system. I made a coil one floor above. The coil doesn't get hot. My in floor system works fine and has for years. Is it because the pump isn't strong enough to push the water up to the first floor. Is it because the orientation of the pipe is different, it comes out of the end of the manifold.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 24,183
    Perhaps the obvioud question is whether or not you are getting any flow through that coil. It seems to me that it would be remarkably difficult to purge all the air out, and it may be air bound. The circulating pump won't do it.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    mattmia2
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,864
    I agree, getting the air out and keeping it out of all those high points will be a trick. Increase fill pressure to 25 psi and blast the air out of just that loop, isolate all the others to prevent shoving air into them.

Replace the return valve from that pex radiator with one of these. That allows you to purge just that loops quickly.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream