Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Its on every plumbing exam.......

2ยป

Comments

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,354
    "Swet" ...."Boll" valves ha ha ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿคฃ.ย  Don't ask him to spell escutcheon !ย  So???
    Whats that 'apposed ta say?ย  Mad Dog ๐Ÿ•ย 
  • dko
    dko Member Posts: 668
    edited September 2023
    With this guy he spells things the way he hears it so have to try all different ways to pronounce combination of letters.

skaspote
    ska spote.. no
    skas pote.. no
    skas pote, skas pot
    ska pot
    ska pod
    ska pad
    scra pad
    scratch pad
    Mad Dog_2GGrossCLamb
  • Mad Dog_2
    Rainman!ย  Mad Dog ๐Ÿ•ย 
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 4,152
    edited September 2023
    Does anyone else use the โ™‚ and โ™€ characters? Mostly on copper pressure fittings. It took awhile, but most of the guys at the counter understand what I mean now.

c x โ™‚ union

c x โ™€ x c tee

They're quick to write down when you're in a hurry.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20ยฐฮ”T = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    Mad Dog_2CLamb
  • JimUK
    JimUK Member Posts: 2
    Confusing descriptions ?

Try this ( if the link works ... )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUNVFrRy-cE
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Nope...neato..what symbol is for an extension ๐Ÿค” coupling which has both Male & Female threads?ย  Maybe I don't wanna know???ย  Ha ha ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜„ย  Mad Dog
    PC7060
  • realliveplumber
    realliveplumber Member Posts: 354

Does anyone else use the โ™‚ and โ™€ characters? Mostly on copper pressure fittings. It took awhile, but most of the guys at the counter understand what I mean now.

c x โ™‚ union

c x โ™€ x c tee

They're quick to write down when you're in a hurry.

Aw jeez. Gender fittings.

We use cfc, and cmc.
    Mad Dog_2Intplm.
  • Mad Dog_2
    C x Maleย  ย C x Female works in any ny supply house...Just not Grainger!!ย  Ha ha ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜„.ย  Mad Dog ๐Ÿ•ย 
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,989
    Ther is probably more armaflex sold for AC & Refrigeration than for plumbing which is why they go by OD. Same thing with soft tubing.

You used to see soft tubing not capped with the nominal size on the box but not too often at least around here. Again more soft tubing probably gets sold for ac & refrigeration to the boxes are usually marked Od and the tubing is sold that way.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Agreed.ย  But I rarely go in to an AC supply, there are separate up here.ย  I could understand if they sold Linesets and stuff. Grainger is obvious...they sell everything.ย  Trade only unless you make up a Sham Business name.ย  Mad Dog ๐Ÿ•ย 
    realliveplumber
  • Mad Dog_2
    I love taking Trade exams.ย  I've taken close to 35 in my career.ย  I enjoy the hard-core studying and then playing the game (taking the exam).ย  I think of it like playing in a HS Football State Championship ๐Ÿ˜…...Passing is always nice, but many exams are Promotional and Civil Service, so your score REALLY does make a difference.ย  You may think an 85 is great, but there's 3 slots open and 3 others all scored in the 90s...Good chance you're NOT getting that job.ย  Mad Dog ๐Ÿ•ย