Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydronic Designer Needed

Options
joelr
joelr Member Posts: 2
I live in the mountains of SoCal and am installing hydronic floor heating in a 1930's Sears & Robuck cabin. I've called around and no one is interested in the project either because of location or because the job is too small.

I'm doing the rest of the restoration myself and am pretty good with a hammer and wrench. But hydronic system design is just beyond my grasp.

Is there anyone or any companies that offer design-only services? Any recommendations?

Comments

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 4,016
    edited September 2023
    Options

Thank you, @Mad Dog_2; very nice of you. 

Hi Joel:

I only design my own work, but I’d be happy to go over some of the details of your project. You can contact me at berkeleyradiant@gmail.com

Otherwise, Monterey Energy Group does design only for radiant systems. (831)372-4613.

And I also have these contacts for down your way. Some I’ve met at trade shows, others by word-of-mouth, so I can’t recommend them, only refer them. Some or all may not be interested in design only. 

Southern Heating (760)737-0500 (Escondido, CA, near San Diego)

Lockwood Mechanical; John Lockwood; (831)384-9310 (shop); (831)596-2810 (voice mail); (831)384-9313 (FAX); 206 Cypress Avenue; Marina, CA 

M-tech. Mark Garcia. M-tech Office #909-394-4835. 

8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    STEVEusaPA
  • joelr
    joelr Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Alan - thank you so much for the response and information. If you don't mind, I'll e-mail you some questions.

Greatly appreciate this!

Joel