Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Insulating refrigerant connections for Ceiling Cassettes

Options
Hello folks. Just completing month 3 of using a set of 5 mini splits (all ceiling cassettes) to cool our 3000sqft home. We just noticed some moisture rings on the ceiling near them. I climbed up into the attic, knowing I had more insulation work to do, assuming the units were sweating...

Nope. I was amazed that just as the manufacturer promised the units themselves were bone dry. The condensate pipes (1 inch PVC) also looked totally dry. The only condensation I could find was the refrigerant lines as they connected to the unit and are exposed. I plan to fully insulate around the entire unit this fall (we're re-drywalling the ceilings so no harm no foul on the water thankfully) but I assume there is a simple solution to getting the connections insulated and avoid the sweating..

I've seen lots of foam tape stuff, but I'm worried about gaining access for future service, etc. Any suggestions on how you all would insulate the two connections back to the foam insulation already on the lines?

Appreciate it!

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,550
    Options
    Split Armaflex pipe insulation and yes foam tape is about all their is. The foam tape can be cut off if there is a problem with the connections
    iced98lx
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,866
    Options
    Split Armor flex. 
    iced98lx