Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

grohe smart " stupid box"

Options
mikedo
mikedo Member Posts: 174
installing my first and last stupid box. got my **** kicked went online only to find out volume control dose'nt actually work. since i try to have the plumbing i install it that i want to have it work when i leave. instructions are useless only pictures no words. tech support even worse all plastic broke already. does anyone have installed them and had a good experience
Mad Dog_2

Comments

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,988
    Options
    90s Grohe & Hans Grohe WERE high quality in the late 1980s, but got "competitive" more plastic..In the early 90s.  I'm a Kohler guy or some of the real high end stuff like Dorn Beach and custom brass places.  Mad Dog 🐕 
  • mikedo
    Options
    kolher does not have a shower valve you can control water voulme
  • realliveplumber
    realliveplumber Member Posts: 354
    Options
    The race to the bottom is about over. Its all junk. We installed a couple of Rohl rough in valves last week. No instructions, no markings to indicate depth in the wall.

Moen is complete garbage.

Kohler isnt much better.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,344
    Options
    This gadget? https://www.grohe.us/Diverter-Valves-Trims/Universal-Rough-In-Box/GROHE-NO-FINISH-35601000

What controller are you trying to use with it?
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Symmons shower valves. So far so good. Have repaired and installed thousands. They are the inventors of anti-scald technology that all other companies use now. Not exaggerating. Use them with confidence.
    realliveplumber
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,441
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I have installed Grohe Rapido and haven't had any problems. There are a bunch of videos on You Tube to help you do it correctly.
    Plastics have become an important method of keeping prices low and competitive. You can thank your local inflation creator for the trending 'make it cheaper' and give it a one year warranty business model. Expected replacement???--One Year and a Day!
    Intplm.
  • mikedo
    Options
    still waiting from a call back from tech support only taking 2 days if they actually call me tommorrow