Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mix and matchability of heat pumps and indoor heads

Options
Hi All,

Homeowner here, just trying to understand if some heat pumps can be matched up with indoor heads of a different brand.
I have a Lennox heat pump model mlb036s4m1p, for which I'd like to get two indoor heads.
HVAC technicians I've spoken with can't seem to tell me if it is possible to use indoor heads by a different manufacturer with this heat pump.
I've figured out that the most logical indoor heads by Lennox to use, would be the below one:18,000 BTU indoor head:

MWMC018S4-1P

Part/catalogue number: 22B24

24,000 BTU indoor head:

MWMC024S4-1P

Part/catalogue number: 22B25

Any guidance, please, on whether I can substitute indoor heads from other brands than Lennox to use with this heat pump?

Many thanks!

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,869
    Options
    I wouldn't. Call Lennox.
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,766
    Options
    Oh, these are mini splits.

The better question is why would you want to.
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,900
    Options
    The computers can’t talk to each other!
    mattmia2
  • Hot_water_fan
    Hot_water_fan Member Posts: 1,886
    Options
    Are those sized right? That’s a pretty big system. 
  • GGross
    GGross Member Posts: 1,072
    Options
    I thought Lennox only sold their products through their dealers? there could be a chance, if you did not get this direct from an installer, that there is not any warranty on it. Some forced air brands use the same manufacturer for their mini splits, but that doesn't mean they all communicate with each other as they change them regularly. Even if the units would be able to communicate with each other I don't think anyone would be able to tell you that, and even if they could tell you they probably would not as it would definitely void the warranty on both the indoor and outdoor units. You need to get a properly sized and matched system.