Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ascent Combi Plus review and cost?

Options
jeanray
jeanray Member Posts: 5
I have tried and tried to find reviews for this EK unit plus it's cost --ballpark cost -- but have had zero luck-- EK will notgive out costs even general costs of unit-- I have emailed and called installers and gotten no where --it seems NO ONE BUYS THESE and/or INSTALLS these! How do they perform? are they as expensive as the Frontiier EK 1?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,357
    Options
    The cost will be a combination of the unit itself and, more important, the installer. And we don't quote costs for that, either. You'll have to find someone who installs them, and get a bid for the job.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • dko
    dko Member Posts: 606
    edited August 2023
    Options
    ---
    GGross
  • JayMcCay
    JayMcCay Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Good Afternoon jeanray
    Thanks for the comments
    jeanray please contact me directly I would be happy to answer your questions or put you in contact with our territory manager for your area. My cell number is 908 328-7154 feel free to call anytime. 

Regards
    Jay

Jay McCay
    National Sales Manager
    Energy Kinetics
    908 328-7154 cell
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,844
    Options
    jeanray said:
    I have tried and tried to find reviews for this EK unit plus it's cost --ballpark cost -- but have had zero luck-- EK will notgive out costs even general costs of unit-- I have emailed and called installers and gotten no where --it seems NO ONE BUYS THESE and/or INSTALLS these! How do they perform? are they as expensive as the Frontiier EK 1?
    Have you contacted EK dealers? That's how the process starts, if you decide to use them. You're not purchasing a system, then finding a contractor to install it. You're purchasing a system through the certified EK dealer. A Big Box store it's not.

I know the EK website has testimonials and brochures. Where have you looked for reviews?

The Ascent is a different boiler than the EK-1 Frontier with the water heater, so you'd need to see the application before making a fair assessment. 

Me? I just like the color. 
    Roger