Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I Found my M.I.A. Plumbing buddy Jon Diresta

Options
Mad Dog_2
Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,110
Thanks to Several folks here, Erin and Dan and Jerry Viola..I'm visiting my old friend right now    Mad Dog 
pecmsgguzzinerdErin Holohan Haskell

Comments

• Mad Dog_2
    Options
    That visit soothed my soul and his. I met Jon 25 yrs ago in PHCC.  He looked and carried himself like a Marine. He had a perfect buzz cut and a huge scar on his head that looked total BAD-A--!  Like G.I.Joe...He had one of those tall pilsner frosty  glasses and I had my lead in to talk to him..  Good friends ever since    Licensed Master Plumber and Radiant expert.  Great husband, father, loyal as a German Shepard as a friend.   Accomplished great things professionally and personally.  A class act that smiles his way through the highs and lows of life.  He has been dealt a terrible hand with his health, that returns every few years  but he fights on like a Marine.  What a man!   Please keep this great asset to the Long Island 🏝 Plumbing and Heating trade in your thoughts and prayers.  I found a remarkable bakery a few miles away called Stanleys...since 1948. I brought Jon and his Catholic Charities nurses enough goodies for a week!   Thanks to everyone that landed a hand in tracking down my old friend and those who prayed for him  God Bless you.  This is a great place, The Wall, an extension on my house if you will..its Home.  Mad Dog 🐕 
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,623
    Options
    Glad you reconnected. It's good to have friends....priceless in fact.
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options
    Thank you, Ed.  After hitting 55, and making it through some major crises family crises the last few years, I have made a great effort to reach out and find the great people of my  life to reconnect with.  Thats why texting is great.  I'm now in touch on a daily basis with my oldest friend from 5 yrs old, Arnold whom I hadn't seen in 39 years. He in turn, connected us with Marc who left How'beach in 3rd grade.  We were very close.  Marc I hadn't seen in like 47 yrs...WHAT??? Amazingly n we have the EXACT same taste in music..its uncanny. time is ticking, man.
    I went to Jersey two Sundees ago to buy a car...No Sundee sales!  I happened to text my buddy Billy who I did my first boiler side job at 19.  His son sells cars.  Well two weeks later I have two great cars. I hadn't seen or worked with Billy in 35 yrs but the 3 yrs we did spend together was a lifelong trust and bond.  I trusted his son  sight unseen...Thats the kind of close friends I have   blessed.   Mad Dog
    guzzinerd