Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

NTI Trinity boiler problem

Options
I'm out of my depth on this one, friends, but the OP in the thread needs some help. Look at the thread "dry contact thermostat" for some background. Somehow the lovely new boiler has become convinced that it is in a lead/lag setup -- but it isn't, as there is only one boiler. No local help is available...

Does someone know how to set these things up so they just plain run when you turn on the thermostat?

Thanks.
Br. Jamie, osb
Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England

Comments

• HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,441
    Options
    Why not just short out the thermostat leads at the thermostat and see what happens. Perhaps a isolation relay is in order as was suggested (pecmsg) in the other post. I suspect it is either a programing error or a wiring error.
    fenkel
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,324
    Options
    I'm almost sure programming, unless there is a wiring setup which tells it it's part of a lead/lag pair. The OP said that if you connect the thermostat to the correct terminals on the control and turn it on, you get the pupp as was suggested -- but then the display shows that it's trying to run as part of a lead/lag pair. Which it isn't.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • ch4man
    ch4man Member Posts: 296
    Options
    the password for the installer setup is "sola". that boiler and others of that level never should be sold by anyone that doesn't understand them.
  • Jamie Hall
    Options
    That is exactly what I was afraid of. The OP is in a situation where someone of that training level simply is not available. Now what?
    Br. Jamie, osb
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,852
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @Jamie Hall I read the "Dry Contact Thermostat" discussion and it looks like the team of Dumb and Dumber installed it, Then the firm of Dewey Cheatem and Howe serviced it and now he has paid the latest genius 5000 and it still don't work. The instruction book tells you nothing about the control. You need Appendix A (which I found online) to program it. I just hope it is not something stupid like Air in the pipes. This is why I like gravity boilers with standing pilots for some customers. Especially the ones with that new "B&G 100 heat pump"

Can we get a NEST thermostat that can operate a hand fired coal boiler?

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

reggi
  • Jamie Hall
    Options
    I totallly agree, @EdTheHeaterMan . I have to wonder, though, in this age of cell phones and other sundry magic... if @doc1 -- our OP -- has high speed internet (not a given in rural Canada) if it might be possible for some NTI Trinity maven to guide them through getting this thing properly programmed and running, using a video chat? There's no guarantee that Dumb and Dumber got the rest of the install right -- but if they could at least get the beast to run...

Br. Jamie, osb
    EdTheHeaterManfenkelreggi