Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Has anyone used Lochinvar's Wireless Outdoor Sensor, or similar?

JohnNY
JohnNY Member Posts: 3,265
Does it work? Any idea of the range it's capable of in real world conditions?
Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
Consulting & Troubleshooting
Heating in NYC or NJ.
Classes

Comments

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,354
    Hangin' in the wind, eh Johnny? I wish I knew. BUMP! (in the hopes someone will see this) Mad Dog
    JohnNY
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,741
    Seen it & am interested in the replies as well, but don't have any data to supply. Best I can do is add to the post count & hope someone with the answers sees it.
  • EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,303
    I have used the Tekmar wireless one about a dozen times with good success. I think the range is up to 200’.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
    ratioMad Dog_2
  • exqheat
    exqheat Member Posts: 190
    Better off with indoor reset.
    John Cockerill Exquisite Heat www.exqheat.com Precisions boiler control from indoor reset.
  • JohnNY
    EzzyT said:

I have used the Tekmar wireless one about a dozen times with good success. I think the range is up to 200’.

Thanks a lot. I ordered one from Lochinvar and it's an HBX product saying Lochinvar nowhere on the box, oddly. I'm going to try it out. The system runs mostly at 170° setpoint anyway.
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,741
    This one: https://hbxcontrols.com/wav-0110.php ? It claims up to five receivers for one outdoor transmitter, I think that might be the only way to get several different pieces of equipment to display the same temperature.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Keep us posted Johnny. Thanks Mad Dog
  • JohnNY
    edited February 2023
    I installed it today. Doesn't work. I have to go through it tomorrow with HBX. It stops reporting the moment we leave the boiler room with the outdoor unit.
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
    Mad Dog_2
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,127
    I believe that the tekmar wireless is not constant signal , that it intermittency sends a signal every few minutes from the outdoor sensor which I would image effects the boiler main board by intermittently showing connections and then zippo . Showing a signal one moment and none later . I would hope would have some information about this and any effects it would have on most mod con boards . I doubt there’s any issue when using tekmar odr controller w there wireless sensor but I would think if there was a bug on using w other manafactures that they would have ironed it out being it’s been available for some time now . Have you checked the wirelesses dip switches to ensure it set up for then resistance that the manufactures is using . 10 k 12 k you know . Worse comes to worse it’s a call to tech service and hear there wisdom
    Peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Aint easy to make a buck....Mad Dog