Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Multiple condensate receivers

Options
Chubs
Chubs Member Posts: 3
Hi guys, I am working on a plan for adding a couple more stills to an existing distillery setup. The current still and boiler are located on one end of the warehouse with the condensate receiver and pump (also float style makeup water in receiver), and the plan is to add a second still at the other end. We are running the LPS overhead. My worry is that by adding a second receiver, there is a possibility of flooding one or both of the stills..... or the boiler. Any insight on how to properly control the pumps and makeup water to avoid flooding?

Thank you,

Chub

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,327
    Options
    Lots of ways to control this. Probably the easiest, though, is to treat the new receivers as secondary, and use a float switch in each of them to control a transfer pump to the primary receiver at the boiler. That way you can keep the water level in each of the secondary receivers exactly where you want it.

Now... there will be a possibility of overfilling the primary receiver, so that should have an overflow to a convenient drain. But I'm sure you already have that.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Mad Dog_2