Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

General Questions from new member

Options
mdmhh256
mdmhh256 Member Posts: 3
After 40 years living with my (mostly) okay steam system I came across Dan's "Lost Art" book and found that things could be better. What is preferred protocol for posting questions (and followup questions) - post all in one thread, or create a new one for different questions.... thanks...

Comments

• ethicalpaul
    ethicalpaul Member Posts: 5,702
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I would post each question in a single thread, and I would start out with just a single thread at a time otherwise it gets confusing. Start with your biggest question like "Why is my boiler cycling on pressure every 3 minutes?" or "Why are my first floor vents spewing water all over my floor?" or "What does Blue Monster thread tape smell like?"

edit: oh and welcome! And where are you located? And we love photos!
    NJ Steam Homeowner. See my sight glass boiler videos: https://bit.ly/3sZW1el
    EdTheHeaterManErin Holohan Haskell
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,834
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I agree with @ethicalpaul for the most part. Sometimes several posts on a similar subject can get confusing also. Try to get anything that is similar to be in the same Discussion. Thermostat problem, Do I need a C wire, Is there a better WiFi thermostat? How to connect a Nest to a Zone Valve.

This is all the same topic not 4 different topics.

But posting 5 different problems that are unrelated will get you 20 different answers and the most important one to you, may not get answered. And there are no real rules on your question.

But it is a good idea to read the rules by clicking on the above link
    Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

edit: to quote a knowledgeable frequent flier here
    oh and welcome! And where are you located? And we love photos!

Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    ethicalpaulErin Holohan Haskell
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,921
    Options
    Welcome. Sir.  Mad 🐕 Dog
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,284
    Options
    Welcome @mdmhh256 and thanks @ethicalpaul and @EdTheHeaterMan.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
    EdTheHeaterMan