Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Scout Steam Boiler Cleaner

Options
mmc239
mmc239 Member Posts: 81

Comments

• mmc239
    Options
    Does this product work well? Will this product clean out all the lines going to the radiators and make the air vents stop spitting water? 
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,678
    Options
    Probably not.
    ethicalpaul
  • mattmia2
    Options
    There are numerous reasons vents spit water from pressure that is too high to vents that are too fast to the boiler throwing water up in to the mains because of improper near boiler piping or failure to skim the oil off or the water in the boiler after installation.
    ethicalpaul
  • mmc239
    Options
    My boiler was filling up high. Plumber told me he drained it back down and will add this to clear the return lines so boiler will not call for water so frequently. 
  • Waher
    Waher Member Posts: 252
    Options
    No product is going to "clean" a boiler of oils and the like without draining or flushing. All the crud doesn't just dissolve into nothing, it has to be removed from the boiler water.
  • mattmia2
    Options
    If the auto feeder is overfilling it, it is probably throwing liquid water out in to the system either because it has oil on the surface of the water and needs to be skimmed or it is piped improperly or both.
    ethicalpaul
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,549
    Options
    Or the feeder is bad, or the low water cutoff is bad or gunked up.
  • ethicalpaul
    ethicalpaul Member Posts: 5,704
    Options
    Your plumber is too ignorant of steam (even though he may be a great guy). You should find another one.
    NJ Steam Homeowner. See my sight glass boiler videos: https://bit.ly/3sZW1el
    mattmia2ksd99