Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lochinvar Knight settings

Options
Colonial4
Colonial4 Member Posts: 3
Had new lochinvar knight installed last month. Installer wasn't helpful with settings and some were actually set improperly. I used the attached to update my settings. I have cast iron radiators and have the setpoint at 175. Min outdoor temp is 10 degrees and max is 70. Setpoint at min is 175 and Setpoint at max is 100. I am in the metro New York area. Would appreciate any advice on settings as I look to optimize efficiency without sacrificing comfort.

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Those settings are probably a good start, it really just depends on the heat loss of your building as it compares to the output of the radiators at the various water temps. As a homeowner, you have the unique ability to make adjustments and see "how low you can go". Your outdoor temps look about right, I would try backing off the water temps and evaluating.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Colonial4
    Options
    Thanks. What would you advise in terms of the water temperatures?
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    As long as you are there to keep an eye on it, try 150 and 90 and see what happens. Unless you do a ton of tedious math it really is a guessing game.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Colonial4
    Options
    Thank you. Went with higher Temps because of the cast iron radiators, but I can try lowering and assess.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Get comfortable with the adjustments on the boiler, so you can tweak the system to your liking. That boiler has a lot of adjustability, but it takes some time and adjusting to get it perfect.. The Conxes app is nice if you need to monitor and adjust remotely, from work or out of town.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • nosirra1Arrison
    nosirra1Arrison Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Colonial you have a PM (personal message)(mail envelope in upper right corner)