Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Few issues

Options
2ndwifee
2ndwifee Member Posts: 4
hello I just moved into my new home last year and am starting to have issues with my heater. Today I went down and saw the gauge showing 0 psi. I thought the boiler didn’t have enough water so I opened the fill. Currently the auto fill is off due to it over filling my system. If I add more water and have about 10-15 psi  with system off the auto vent starts spewing water until the gauge says zero psi. Oddly enough when it calls for heat the pressure builds up to normal levels and will heat the home with no issues. Trying to figure out why it shows 0 psi when off but builds proper pressure when it’s running. 

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,550
    Options
    Can you post some pictures?

Something doesn't sound right. Is the water coming out of the auto vent or the relief valve?
  • 2ndwifee
    Options
    It was squirting out of the auto vent. Once it stops coming out gauge reads zero but when the boiler turns on it the pressure goes right up to where it needs to be.
  • retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 909
    Options
    Is this a steam or hot water system? Post pictures.
  • 2ndwifee
    Options

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,843
    Options
    The auto vent stole the hat from the extrol. The auto vent needs to be replaced. 
    SuperTech
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,433
    Options
    The seat on your Hy-vent is fouled and not holding. It needs replacement. Prob the whole issue.
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,865
    Options
    You can try pushing on the pin inside the vent and see if you can get it to reseat. The cap from a bicycle tire may fit that better and also stop it from leaking until a replacement can be installed.
  • 2ndwifee
    Options
    I tried pushing the valve down with no luck