Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Service for System 2000

Options
noela
noela Member Posts: 2
What happens if you can’t get EK approved service?  I am more than 50 miles away from approved facilities. The local companies do not service System 2000 for a variety of reasons, a lot of it tied to inability to obtain parts at local supply sources, not being EK certified,  or not having the technical expertise. Has anybody experienced this?

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    Sounds like they just don’t want to bother. Call EK for a local expert, or wait here about 10 minutes.
    Depending on the model there is most likely only one part that has to be ordered from EK, which can be bypassed for an emergency. All the other parts are standard.
    Someone nearby had to be EK approved, or you wouldn’t have one in your home..

There was an error rendering this rich post.

HVACNUT
  • noela
    noela Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you. I am at the point of purchase, I do not have one yet. I researched if I could use my current service company, but they are not EK approved. I have tried several other places, with the same result. I did email EK, but no response. I will be calling them today. 
  • szwedj
    szwedj Member Posts: 66
    Options
    @noela Call in 1-800-323-2066 and customer service can run a dealer search for you based on your zip code. If you like your current service company, you could still use them to service your system (parts and tech support is always available to all trade professionals), but they would need to become a dealer to purchase systems for installation (which is always an option for them).
    Joe Szwed
    Energy Kinetics
  • WMno57
    WMno57 Member Posts: 1,318
    Options
    Imagine if General Motors only sold cars to customers that lived within 50 miles of their dealerships? Would they ask prospective rural customers to pitch the local hardware store to become a dealership? It's a changing world. Tesla's company stores vs other Auto Manufacture's Franchised Dealerships.
    I like what I see with EK's products and customer service. I wish I could buy one here in Podunk.
    I DIY.
  • szwedj
    szwedj Member Posts: 66
    Options
    @WMno57 While any mechanic can work on and get parts for your GM vehicle, you can only buy a new GM car from a dealer. While our systems are not complicated, we do some things a little different that can sometimes throw someone for a loop if they are not familiar with them. Currently, most of the training is done in person but more and more is being done online, so who knows what's down the road. As far as remote goes, we do have quite a few dealers throughout Alaska.
    Joe Szwed
    Energy Kinetics
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Any competent tech can watch the videos and figure out the differences quite easily. And if stumped could easily reach out to tech support, or support here on a few FB pages and get practically an instant answer.
    Same thing happened when Riello hit the scene.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

SuperTechszwedjjringel