Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

We are McLennan boiler only goes up to 140°

Options
criv
criv Member Posts: 1
What do you think the problem could be on my wheel McLean boiler it only goes up to 140° even though I have the digital control board set for 200

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,140
    Options
    Is the ODR outdoor reset function enabled? That limits temperature based on outdoor temperature.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    edited December 2022
    Options
    What digital control board? If it's the Hydrostat 3250 Plus, then check to see if the jumper B is installed. If it is, remove it. Then turn the High limit down to 160°. But given almost zero information,  thats just a stab in the dark.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    Tell us more about your system please. What type of radiators? Baseboards? cast iron?
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,834
    Options
    Does your WHEEL McLennan boiler actual have wheels, are you sure it is not a McLaren with Wheels like a Formula 1, or maybe an IndyCar, or perhaps an Extreme E car?

If However you have one of the newer Weil-McLain boilers that is using a modulating control system and has outdoor sensing, the boiler may not get to 200° ever... unless you have it connected to an indirect water heater.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • ethicalpaul
    ethicalpaul Member Posts: 5,702
    Options
    Not everyone is able to see or type so they use voice transcription which is a great help to them, so let’s have some grace about it I humbly suggest
    NJ Steam Homeowner. See my sight glass boiler videos: https://bit.ly/3sZW1el
  • ScottSecor
    ScottSecor Member Posts: 855
    Options
    Post a photo of your boiler and we may be able to help.  Take one from about two feet away and a second photo from about ten feet away