Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Goodman Gas Furnace not igniting

NEALX17
NEALX17 Member Posts: 1
Have a GMV90905CXA furnace. The gas valve gets 24v during the ignition cycle but GV does not open. But if I jump 24v from the control board to the GV a few seconds after igniter is glowing (following the normal cycle) the GV opens and furnace fires. So not sure if I have a bad valve or a bad control board. The GV getting the 24v but at a lower amperage.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,169
    Does not compute. If the valve is really getting 24 volts across the valve when jumped and it opens, if it gets 24 volts from anywhere else it will also open. If there is resistance in the other circuit, it's quite true it may not get the current it needs -- but it won't read the voltage either. Check the whole circuit.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • ch4man
    ch4man Member Posts: 296
    edited December 2022
    I'm guessing your not checking voltage at the gas valve with both meter probes on the valve, and using a chassis ground, that'll throw you. follow the grey wire to a pressure switch. it breaks the common to the valve. its probably a drain problem
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Didn't we do this already?